Welcome to the Frostbite River Run, a fundraiser in support of programming and activities at Riverview Community Center. The Frostbite River Run is part of the Riverview Winter Classic. A series of outdoor events held in January at the community center that embody the spirit of winter sports in our neighbourhood.
The 2018 Frost Bite River Run is scheduled for Sunday, January 28th. Start time is 10:00 a.m.
The Frostbite River Run is special for a whole lot of reasons…
- It’s in January. In Winnipeg. It’s anyone’s guess what race day conditions will be like.
- The race route takes runners through Riverview along Churchill Drive onto the Red River Trail to the Forks and back – a 5 mile round trip.
- New for 2018 – a 5 km run! Now there are two distances to choose from!
- Chip timing.
- A fantastic post-race meal and a free winter warmer shot* in your coffee or hot chocolate! (*must be legal drinking age)
- Great draw prizes and a special finishers medal!
- It’s the only 5 mile running race planned for the 2018 running season.
- All net-proceeds support Riverview Community Centre programming and activities!
The 2018 Frostbite River Run is an exceptional winter running experience! Are you up for the chilly challenge?
Early Bird Registration deadline is December 15, 2017!
Bib pick-up and in-person registration: Riverview Community Center, 90 Ashland Avenue, Winnipeg
Friday, January 26, 2018 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Sunday, January 28, 2018 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.