Welcome to the Frostbite River Run, a fundraiser in support of programming and activities at Riverview Community Center. The Frostbite River Run is part of the Riverview Winter Classic. A series of outdoor events held in January at the community center that embody the spirit of winter sports in our neighbourhood.
The 2020 Frost Bite River Run is scheduled for Sunday, January 26th. Start time is 10:00 a.m.
The Frostbite River Run is special for a whole lot of reasons…
- It’s in January. In Winnipeg. It’s anyone’s guess what race day conditions will be like.
- The race route takes runners through Riverview along Churchill Drive onto the Red River Trail to the Forks and back – a 5 mile round trip.
- Now you can choose from a 5 mile or 5km distance!
- Chip timing.
- A fantastic post-race meal and a free winter warmer shot* in your coffee or hot chocolate! (*must be legal drinking age)
- Great draw prizes and a special finishers medal!
- It’s the only 5 mile running race planned for the 2020 running season.
- All net-proceeds support Riverview Community Centre programming and activities!
**Update January 2020**
This year the race route has been moved because of terrible river ice conditions. The 5 kilometer and 5 mile routes will have runners heading south along the incredibly scenic Churchill Parkway, across the Elm Park (BDI) Bridge around the Kingston Row and back to the community center. The routes are still challenging and a lot of fun to run. See the Course Maps page for maps of the alternative routes.
The 2020 Frostbite River Run is an exceptional winter running experience! Are you up for the chilly challenge?
Register here using Riverview Community Centre’s registration system.
Bib pick-up and in-person registration: Riverview Community Center, 90 Ashland Avenue, Winnipeg
Friday, January 24, 2020 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Sunday, January 26, 2020 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
If you are interesting in volunteering to help make this event possible, please sign up here.