Welcome to the Frostbite River Run, a fundraiser in support of programming and activities at Riverview Community Centre. The Frostbite River Run is part of the Riverview Winter Classic. A series of outdoor events held in January at the community center that embody the spirit of winter sports in our neighbourhood.
The 2016 Frostbite River Run was held on Sunday, January 24th, 2016 with a 10:00 a.m. start. The race starts at Riverview Community Centre, 90 Ashland Avenue.
The Frostbite River Run is special for a whole lot of reasons…
- It’s still in January. In Winnipeg. It’s anyone’s guess what race day conditions will be like.
- The race route takes runners through Riverview along Churchill Drive onto the Red River Trail to the Forks and back – a 5 mile round trip.
- Chip timing.
- A fantastic post-race meal!
- Great draw prizes and a special finishers medal!
- It’s the only 5 mile running race planned for the 2016 running season.
- All net-proceeds support Riverview Community Centre programming and activities!
The 2016 Frostbite River Run is an exceptional winter running experience! Are you up for the chilly challenge?
Volunteer here… http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f094eabaa28a1f94-frost