Welcome to the Frostbite River Run, a fundraiser in support of programming and activities at Riverview Community Center. The Frostbite River Run is part of the Riverview Winter Classic. A series of outdoor events held in January at the community center that embody the spirit of winter sports in our neighbourhood.
The 2021 Frost Bite River Run is scheduled for Sunday, January 24th. Start time is 10:00 a.m.
The Frostbite River Run is special for a whole lot of reasons…
- It’s in January. In Winnipeg. It’s anyone’s guess what race day conditions will be like.
- The race route takes runners through Riverview along Churchill Drive onto the Red River Trail to the Forks and back – a 5 mile round trip.
- Now you can choose from a 5 mile or 5km distance!
- Chip timing.
- A fantastic post-race meal and a free winter warmer shot* in your coffee or hot chocolate! (*must be legal drinking age)
- Great draw prizes and a special finishers medal!
- It’s the only 5 mile running race planned for the 2021 running season.
- All net-proceeds support Riverview Community Centre programming and activities!
The 2020 Frostbite River Run is an exceptional winter running experience! Are you up for the chilly challenge?
Register here using for the 2021 Frostbite River Run.
Bib pick-up and in-person registration: Riverview Community Center, 90 Ashland Avenue, Winnipeg
Friday, January 22, 2020 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Sunday, January 24, 2020 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
If you are interesting in volunteering to help make this event possible, please sign up here.