Welcome to the Frostbite River Run, a fundraiser in support of programming and activities at Riverview Community Center. The Frostbite River Run is part of the Riverview Winter Classic. A series of outdoor events held in January at the community center that embody the spirit of winter sports in our neighbourhood.
The 2017 Frost Bite River Run is scheduled for Sunday, January 29th. start time is 10:00 a.m.
The Frostbite River Run is special for a whole lot of reasons…
- It’s in January. In Winnipeg. It’s anyone’s guess what race day conditions will be like.
- The race route takes runners through Riverview along Churchill Drive onto the Red River Trail to the Forks and back – a 5 mile round trip.
- Chip timing.
- A fantastic post-race meal!
- Great draw prizes and a special finishers medal!
- It’s the only 5 mile running race planned for the 2017 running season.
- All net-proceeds support Riverview Community Centre programming and activities!
The 2017 Frostbite River Run is an exceptional winter running experience! Are you up for the chilly challenge?